My goals are to grow through learning; contribute positively to my community; and collaborate with creative people and organisations. I am currently studying a Masters of Peace & Conflict Studies at the University of Sydney because I want to understand what is happening in this world and why; and how we can replace apathy with empathy.
No matter what I’m doing, I aim to have as much fun as possible. This includes, but is not limited to, singing, dancing, playing dress ups, laughing at myself/my own jokes, daydreaming and stretching.
The values that are most important to me are creativity, compassion, truth, beauty and courage.
- I respond to Nicky, Nick, Lobo, Lobes, Lobesie (and if I’m in trouble with my parents — Nicole)
- Born in Lahore, Pakistan
- Moved to Australia at 14 months with my parents
- Last name means ‘wolf’ in Spanish
- Can recite the first 20 elements in the Periodic Table
- An Alto in the school choir
- Started, but did not complete, interior design studies at Enmore Design Centre
- Worked as an interior design assistant at Group GSA and PTW
- Completed a Bachelor of Communications (Writing & Cultural Studies) at the University of Technology Sydney
- Worked on 33 issues of the quarterly design, architecture and art magazine Habitus, 8 of them as Editor
- Began freelancing in August 2016
- Tore my ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) in June 2017 playing netball and had reconstruction surgery in August 2017
- Have dabbled in tap, flamenco, pole and hip hop dancing; also skateboarding, veganism, Italian and Spanish
- Collaborated on the Sydney showroom design for Great Dane Furniture
- Have three awesome nephews who range from 3–13 years, and so have wildly differing opinions on my level of cool aunty-ness
- Tuneful whistler (almost two-octave range with optimum mouth moistness)
- 350-hour qualified vinyasa yoga teacher (thank you Body Mind Life and InYoga)
- Spent a wonderful year in Florence 2018–19 living with a 91-year-old lady called Claudia (whom I consider one of my great friends)
Who are you? What gets you going? Can we work on an awesome project together?
I hope so.